If you haven’t heard of social gifting yet, you soon will. It is the biggest thing in e-commerce since Groupon and Living Social. Social Gifting apps like Wrapp and Karma are becoming the next hot social media companies. While sites like Groupon offer discounts on behalf of retailers, social gifting is about enabling you to use Facebook and other social sites to share virtual gift cards. Social gifting sites and apps offer e-gift cards from major retailers, some free and some purchased. Consumers can actually purchase items they want with their e-gift cards, exchange them or donate them to charity. Karma was acquired by Facebook shortly after the social network became a publicly traded company in May. Other social gifting companies include Social Gift, Drop Gifts, Groupcard Apps, and CashStar, which has an association with over 200 retailers. Watch this week’s video to learn why social gifting may change marketing and media and read more at jackmyers.com about my ten most interesting digital advances.
Jack Myers on Social Gifting: The Future of E-Commerce?
Most Read Posts
- The psychology of Silicon Valley
- We can develop great technologies, but the logistics of them becoming mainstream are more difficult!
- Past the peak of global automotive
- Must-watch speech by Paul Polman (former Unilever CEO) at SDG Business Forum 2019
- In 2020, will global ‘techlash’ move from words to action? Good read via Politico
advertising AI Big Data business climate change content data economy energy environment facebook futag futbiz futgerd future futuresagency futurism futurist futuristgerd futurists Gerd Leonhard glen hiemstra good reads google innovation internet IoT marketing media mobile privacy robotics social media solomo sustainability tech technology television TFA thefuturesagency trends twitter video Videos work
Posts by Email
- RT @rossdawson: An inevitable trend Sweden starts testing world's first central bank digital currency, on track to be first country to lau… 07:27:11 AM February 21, 2020 from Twitter for iPhone ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @iliyankirkov: "Don't fear the future. Will the robots are going to steal our jobs?! If your job is to be a robot, yes they will steal y… 11:21:36 AM February 20, 2020 from Hootsuite Inc. ReplyRetweetFavorite
- ‘It could well be that we passed the peak in global automotive production,’ says the CEO of Robert Bosch, the world… https://t.co/fRHmh4FqPR 07:02:02 AM February 20, 2020 from Buffer ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @NathaSoto: Una visión de @gleonhard El Cambio https://t.co/rGTbOwqqew 11:00:17 AM February 19, 2020 from Hootsuite Inc. ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @andi_staub: [inspiring] 2020 Will Bring A New Renaissance: Humanity Over Technology #AI #BigData #ethics #fintech @pierrepinna @sally… 10:46:29 PM February 18, 2020 from Hootsuite Inc. ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @DavidSmithGFF: Interesting #MaaS concepts are being piloted in Copenhagen (Movia), Barcelona (MaaS Catalonia), Antwerp (Civitas Portis)… 07:30:51 AM February 17, 2020 from Twitter for iPhone ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @petervan: A Scarcity Of Miracles by Jakko M. Jakszyk, Robert Fripp, Mel Collins https://t.co/Z3Wu1WojkX #NowPlaying > fantastic! real m… 07:30:40 AM February 17, 2020 from Twitter for iPhone ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @DavidSmithGFF: Integrating intelligent #digital tools into the world's #energy systems could reduce carbon emissions by more than 50%,… 07:30:35 AM February 17, 2020 from Twitter for iPhone ReplyRetweetFavorite