From Disruption to Engagement: Didier’s (Belgian/Swiss) belief is that the rapidly emerging “Disruption Economy”, will impact the way we consider strategy, organization and leadership in our businesses. For him, the winners of tomorrow’s economy will be those who truly manage to engage their whole organization into the “Disruption Journey” and challenge their “orthodoxies” to evolve:
- From strategy as guessing the Future to strategize as a process aiming at being permanently prepared for the Future
- From organizations to organic networks
- From “seniority means superiority” to “engaging leadership”
Didier advises leaders on how to “intellectually compel” and “emotionally engage” their people into large scale changes. He is a renowned expert in organizational change (Engagement Processes), leadership development & team/individual coaching at Executive/Board levels. He is also a well-known TED-x speaker.
His recent work has been with firms such as ASML, Bank Julius Bär, BASF, Brookfield, Carl Zeiss, Credit Suisse, DebioPharm, DCNS, Diana, Dow Chemical, DSM, FIDAL tax lawyers, Fortum, Freshfields Bruckhaus & Derringer, Evonik, Ipsen Laboratories, KPMG & KPMG-Meijburg, Leaseplan, LEGO, Lonza, McAfee, Merck-Serono, Nokia, Pearson Plc, R.B.S., Rhodia, SAP, SHV, Société Générale, Somfy or Vallourec. Didier has been Guest Professor of Leadership & Engagement at the Fundação Dom Cabral (Brazil’s leading Business School), Associate Professor in Nyenrode University (NL) as well as visiting Professor in Insead and NEOMA. He holds a degree in Law and MBA from IMD. Didier co-authored a book with ex Cranfield/IMD professor Chris Parker, “Engaging Leadership”, published in April 2009 by Palgrave/MacMillan, which was on Amazon.co.uk’s top twenty “hot presale list”. Didier has accomplished his childhood’s dream, living between the ski slopes of Villars (Switzerland) and the sunny beaches of Praia do Forte (Bahia – Brazil). Didier is divorced and the proud father of Betinho and Thaïs.
DIDIER ON THE WEB:
- Speech at Dow Chemical: Leaders and their Change Journey
- TED-X speech to a crowd of young people on motivation, using the metaphor of Brazilian samba
- At FAAP university in São-Paulo, interview on the impact of the Disruption Economy (in Portuguese)
- CONARH (world’s largest HR gathering) interview on leadership (in Portuguese:)
- TAMER communication, interview on the impact of the Disruption Economy on leadership (in Portuguese)