Rudy de Waele – is an expert on the following topics and can provide a keynote address or workshop, bespoke strategy or consultancy on how technology currently and in the immediate future, will disrupt or can enhance the following areas:
Rudy’s Speaking Topics:
- Artificial Intelligence and Robotics
- Defense and Security
- Digital Transformation
- Education, Training and HR
- Energy, Utilities and Environment
- Fin Tech, Food Tech
- Pharma, Health and Medical
- Philosophy and Ethics
- Singularity and Transhumanism
- Smart Cities
- Technology and Humanity
- Telecom and Media (TMT)
- The Internet of Things (IoT)
- Work, Jobs and Employment
Rudy de Waele is a futurist, innovation strategist, keynote speaker, content curator and author. He assists global brands and startups with cutting edge open innovation strategy using new methodologies to re-invent and transform business.
His unparalleled experience, knowledge and insight, propels leaders to stay ahead of the curve. Rudy specialises in giving technology trend forecasts, analysis and ideas exchange on how to thrive in the new economy and by facilitating Socratic Design workshops on how to create meaningful business.
Rudy uses new methodologies to re-invent and transform business using presentations, workshops, think tanks and brainstorms. He has helped diverse global brands such as BMW, IBM, Coca-Cola, Google, Intel, Louis Vuitton, Mastercard, Orange, PayPal, Samsung, Telefonica, Vodafone and World Bank.
His latest book shift 2020 – How Technology Will Impact Our Future delivers impactful insights into how future influences such as IoT, Genetics, Robotics and AI will have on our collective daily lives and includes foresights by some of the world’s leading technology experts.
Rudy is a graduate from Singularity University, he has developed over 200 leading industry events across more than 50 cities globally, such as Mobile Sunday, Mobile Mondays, AppCircus, Wearable Wednesdays, IoT Shifts and IoT Stars.
Mr de Waele, a native of Belgium, now permanently resides in Cambridge, United Kingdom. He is fluent in English, French, Dutch, and Spanish with comprehensive understanding of German.
Clients include: Abbott, Affinity Petcare, armasuisse – federal agency of the Swiss Confederation, Base, Bearingpoint, BlackBerry, BMW, Cambridge University, Criteo, Boston Consulting Group, CBRE, Coca-Cola, Cheil Worldwide, City of Barcelona, Digicel, Ericsson, European Commission, Google, IBM, Informa, Intel, Investcorp, Louis Vuitton, MasterCard, Microsoft, Millicom (Tigo), MTN, Nokia, PayPal, Philippe Starck, Orange, Samsung, S-Group, Sanoma, Spring Messe Management, Telcel, Telefonica, TeliaSonera (Azercell), TIMWE, The Drum, Vodafone, Young & Rubicam, World Bank.
“Everybody can talk about the future but not everybody can make sense out of it. Rudy is brilliant at that: he presents the different aspects of disruptive technologies and explains how those will affect business, society and our personal lives. He made a fantastic kick-off to the Leaders’ Congress 2016 in Slovenia. Just mesmerizing.”
– Sonja Smuc, Executive Director of Managers’ Association of Slovenia.
“Rudy delivered a superb keynote stimulus presentation on ‘The 10 most disruptive IoT innovations everyone should know about’ at BearingPoint’s European customer event for 250 delegates. His knowledge, insights and creative delivery style and content was, as ever, very impressive.”
– Simon Torrance, Senior Advisor, BearingPoint.
“The Critical Communications World Congress held in Barcelona was kicked off by Rudy De Waele with a fascinating look at how future technologies might develop. This thought provoking presentation set the scene for a two day conference that discussed how digital mobile communications is currently being used by the emergency services, utilities and other critical communications users as well as describing how future technologies can be of benefit to our users.”
– Phil Godfrey, Chairman of the TETRA and Critical Communications Association.
“Rudy offered an excellent talk to the enthusiastic international audience of the largest conference on optical communication in Europe (ECOC 2014). He discussed how technology will impact our business and society in the near future through a condensed overview of foresights. The organization team thanks him again for this outstanding and engaging presentation!“
– Jean-Luc Beylat, President of ECOC 2014.
“Rudy delivered an engaging and thought-provoking presentation that looked at the future application of 3-D printing in the real estate industry. The audience of high level real estate industry professionals was captivated by the insights and high energy delivery, and continued to discuss the impact of 3-D printing after the conference. Rudy is a great speaker who is not only knowledgeable about his subject area, but also easy to work with for the organizers.”
– Itzhak Ben-David, Director, The Ohio State University Center for Real Estate.
“Rudy delivered an engaging and brilliant keynote presentation at the yearly Azercell Infoday in Azerbaijan. The advice and knowledge Rudy presented to us for future strategy, as a Telco, has proven extremely valuable to us. On behalf of the whole Azercell team, we thank you for such an excellent and worthy technological forecast and look forward to working with you again.”
– Veli Memmedov, Corporate Communications section specialist, CEO Office , Azercell.
“As the closing keynote at our annual networking conference, Rudy gave an inspiring talk about hot topics in ICT such as the Internet of Things, Artificial Intelligence and Robotics. His dynamic presentation was very much appreciated by our clients”.
– Davina Luyten, Marketing & Communication, Belnet.
“Let me assure you that you definitely was and you are a speaker highlight! The way you present your content is fabulous. You reach people brilliantly and I can only hope that they are aware of the worth and that you not only reach their mind but their hearts, because we deeply need to take care of the future behaviours. I dare say even that we need all this input and consciousness for keeping up our democraties. As I feel personally very enriched having met you I just wanted to thank you.”
– Anke Fabian, Partner at Die Strateginnen / HRM Expo Moderator.
“We invited Rudy as a keynote speaker for the European Diabetes Exchange in Stockholm. This event gathered bloggers from 6 countries in Europe and the atmosphere was very casual. Rudy perfectly adapted his speech to the audience and presented brilliantly how future innovations will impact our daily lives.”
– Account Manager at Weber Shandwick
“Rudy delivered an engaging presentation of high-level content – his subject knowledge of future insights and trends in the 3D Printing sector inspired our audience, and filled the room to over capacity. A fantastic speaker who also carries a hefty following.”
– Faith Robinson, Conference Manager, 3D Printshow
“As the keynote speaker of the first Bloovi Mobile Day, the audience was really enthusiastic about Rudy’s talk. The inspiration, the broader view on this mobile transformation resulted in a 9,1/10 appreciation score of the audience.”
– Pieter De Moor, Organiser of the Bloovi Mobile Day
Socratic Design Workshop for Business
London, November 25, 2016
Socratic Design Workshops
Cadaqués, May-June 2016
IoT Stars 2016 @ Mobile World Congress 2016
Barcelona, February 22nd 2016.
Mobile Sunday 2016 with Tech.eu
Barcelona, February 22nd 2016.
Socratic Design Workshops @ Mobile World Congress 2016
Barcelona, February 19-20 / Cadaqués, February 26-27, 2016.
IoT Shifts Conference
Barcelona, October 19-20th 2015.
IoT Transformation Lab
Peralada, October 16-18th 2015.
- Learning to live – Medium post written with Humberto Schwab on the future of learning.
- How to create meaningful work and business – Medium post written with Humberto Schwab on the future of work and business.
- Editorial feature on How 3D Printing Will Impact Our Future for The Next Web, one of the publication’s most popular articles in September, 2014. The article includes slides from Rudy’s presentation on How 3D printing Will Impact Our Future at the 3D Printshow in London. The presentation was featured in the 2014 Global Top Most Popular presentations in Technology on SlideShare.
- Penned article on Beyond Apps… How Brands Will Interact with Wearable Devices on Medium.
- The Internet of Meaningful Things – slides from my presentation on Disruptive Internet of Things Trends & Innovations at the Digital Ecosystem Management Global Summit in London on September 28, 2016
- New technologies, new ways of working and learning – Learning Technologies conference in London on February 3, 2016
- “The Future of Connected Music” – Keynote presentation at La Digital Tech Conference in Rennes, France on December 3, 2015.
- “The Future of Work – Reshaping Work in the Digital Age” – Keynote Presentation at #HRMExpo in Cologne/Koln on September 15, 2015.
- “Sustainability, the Soul of Technology” – CUTEC Technology Ventures Conference on June 26, 2015 in Cambridge, UK.
- “3D Printing and its Impact on Real Estate” – Ohio State University in Columbus on April 22, 2015 for the Center of Real Estate including 120 leaders from all domains of the real estate industry. Date: April 22, 2015.
- “The Evolution of Mobile” – Mobile Inspiration Conference in Amsterdam on March 24, 2015, for Sanoma’s Digital Marketing Manager clients in the Netherlands. The presentation was featured on Slideshare’s homepage. Date: March 24, 2015.
- “Wearable Technology” – Nimbus Ninety conference in London UK, for Digital Strategy Managers of the biggest brands and organisations in the UK. Date: November 2014.
Rudy’s slides have over a million views on Slideshare, here’s an overview of his presentations from the last decade.
- The Internet of Meaningful Things – video from my presentation on Disruptive Internet of Things Trends & Innovations at the Digital Ecosystem Management Global Summit in London on September 28, 2016
- Future of Work & Leadership in the Era of Exponential Change – My talk at the Google for Work Atmosphere event in Mexico City (April 2016).
- Future of Technology talk at Samsung Note 7 launch in Dublin – My talk at the Samsung Galaxy Note7 launch in Dublin event (August 2016).
- The WorkLife HUB podcast for HRM Expo in Cologne (DE), Europe’s largest trade fair for HR Management. Rudy de Waele, one of the key-note speakers, digital transformation specialist on how the world of work and organisations will need to adapt to the rapidly changing innovation out there. Some practical ideas and loads of inspiring ideas to start on your transformation journey today.
- Fail fast and learn from the experience! Interview with Rudy De Waele on the Future of Work for HRM Expo in Cologne (DE), Europe’s largest trade fair for HR Management.
- Interview on the Future of Work and HR with The WORKLIFE HUb at the HRM Expo, Europe’s largest trade fair for HR management, September 15, 2015 in Cologne, Germany.
- How Technology Will Impact Our Future by Rudy de Waele / January 2014 – This first edition book reveals a condensed overview of Technology and Innovation foresights from 75 of the world’s leading technology experts; Topics include: The Internet of Things (IoT), Smart Cities, Connected Lifestyle, Fashion & Wearable Technology, Robotics, AI, Maker Movement, 3D Printing, and a brief look into the future of Media, Health, Education and Work. Available in e-book, hardback and paperback version from Amazon.com.
- The book inspired many editorial features and extracts including;